Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Great White Punch

This is another recipe that I often get asked for. It is great for any kind of party or get together because besides it being REALLY good, it is also REALLY cheap. My family and I have made this for wedding receptions, missionary farewells, baby and bridal showers and neighborhood get-togethers and it never gets old. Since the color is very light as well, I have added food coloring to make it blue for a boy baby shower or green for St. Patrick's Day, etc.

Great White Punch

1- 6 oz frozen limeade
11 cups of water
2 cups sugar
2 quarts 7-up or sprite
3-4 limes, sliced

Combine 6 oz frozen limeade, 11 cups water and 2 cups sugar. Pour into gallon Ziploc freezer bags and freeze. Two hours before serving, thaw frozen juice in punch bowl. Mash. You want to make it look a little slushy. Add the sprite and lime slices.

My take: I have tried many ways of freezing the juice and the Ziploc bags work the best since you can massacre them while getting the punch out. I can no longer find the little 6 ounce limeades at the store anymore, so I just double the first part of the recipe and freeze for a later date. Watch out though, once I was trying to get something out of the bottom of the freezer and a huge block of the frozen punch fell on my head and knocked me out for a few seconds. Freaked Logan out, as you can imagine. I should probably just blame all my mental problems on the "Frozen Punch Incident of 2007." Can I get away with that?

1 comment:

  1. LOL...THe famous Modesto Mormon Punch. I can't believe no one has ever had this! I hate it when it leaks in the freezer! I have made this a few times...yum! Good old days!

    ReplyDelete