Friday, March 20, 2009

The Cupcakes I Dream About at Night....

My friend Rita had a birthday party for her cute little girl Jemma last night and I helped with some of the food. She made these cupcakes with a raspberry cream filling that were delicious. Blake loved them and he usually never eats a dessert that is not chocolate. The best part is that they are so easy!

First, just bake a yellow cake into cupcakes, following the directions on the box. Once they are done and cooled, cut off the tops and put in the following filling. Put the top back on and top with a shake of powdered sugar. YUM! YUM!

Raspberry Filling:

1 16 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (more or less to taste)
1 pkg Frozen Raspberries

Thaw the raspberries and mash thoroughly. Using beaters whip the cream and the powdered sugar together until the cream forms stiff peaks. Then fold the raspberry mash into the whipped cream. That's it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness these sound good!! Kim would love them!

    Your chicken taco one I'm trying this week too. I can't believe I never noticed you had other blog sites. This one (and the book review one) are my new favorites!!! Thanks!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete