Monday, March 9, 2009

Beef, Bacon and Spaghetti Casserole


Before you say, "Ewe, disgusting!", know that I said that too when I first read this recipe. Blake grew up with this casserole and loves it, so I made it for him once and I loved it too! All my kids love it also, which is rare and definitely makes it a keeper.


8 oz cooked spaghetti (or more, I am not exact on this)
5 slices of bacon cut into pieces
1 lb hamburger (I use ground turkey)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup grated cheese
oregano and black pepper to taste


Fry bacon in a large skillet until almost done. Add hamburger and cook until browned. Pour off the grease. Then add soup and water to the hamburger and bacon. Then season with black pepper and oregano... don't get stingy. You can also add salt, if you like. Layer casserole into casserole dish (or I always use the pot that I boiled the spaghetti in) spaghetti first then the soup/hamburger mixture and top with cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


This is a great recipe when you are trying to figure out what to to with all that leftover spaghetti from spaghetti night. I also add a nutritional punch by adding 1/2 cup of pureed veggies (butternut squash or carrot usually) and you can't taste it. More importantly, my kids can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment