Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jenn's Lime Chicken Tacos


I saw this on my friend's blog. It was a recipe that her whole family loved and it sounded so good I wanted to try it. (Not to mention the fact that I was able to just throw frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker and have yummy tacos at the end of the day.)



Jenn's Lime Chicken Tacos


1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breasts
3 T. lime juice
1 T. chili powder
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. chunky salsa
12 flour tortillas (6 in), warmed
Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and shredded lettuce


Place chicken in a slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred and return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 min. or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.

Like I said, I used frozen breasts and the first time I did the recipe, the lime juice blackened on the bottom of the slow cooker and was hard to clean. The second time, I used a slow cooker plastic bag and problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment